Position Summary –
Data stewardship is responsible for healthcare data governance that focuses on providing the appropriate access to users, helping users to understand the data, and taking ownership of data quality. When there’s poor data stewardship, however, even the best infrastructures become underutilized and poorly understood by knowledge workers who could be generating value from the data every day.
Reports to -
- NJII Director of Architecture and Government Technologies
Tasks List –
- Formulates models, calibration, and validation
- Suggests improvements, training, or other modifications to improve business systems and reports.
- Manage the data repositories work queues and respond to requests using the standard, consistent processes
- Responses should meet the metric goals for internal quality, process and lead time
- Support project participation and continuous improvement
- Update Standard Operating Procedures to reflect updated policies, procedures, and data standards
- Ability to synthesize complex issues and present resolution to management
- Demonstrate ability to work with minimal supervision supporting all data research, preparation, entry, and validation May be required to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Additional duties -
- May serve as a liaison between the university and regulatory and governmental agencies, regional operation companies, regulated service providers, vendors and telecommunications organizations.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Education requirements
- Bachelor in Technology, Business Administration, Finance, Health Administration, or related field
- Additional job related experience/and/or education may substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience requirements
- 1+ years of experience in business analysis
- Two years job related work in Healthcare, computing and/or communications, education environment.
- Knowledge/Skills requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Solid work ethic, self-driven with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with strong analytical skills
- Lean trained preferred
Customer Focus Skills:
- Quality assurance concepts and procedures
- Data security assurance concepts and procedures
- Documentation systems and knowledge database
- Creation of forms and reports
- Modeling concepts
- Prototyping procedures
- Techniques for requirements gathering
- Operate on independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Communicate effectively orally, by phone, in person, and in writing.
- Represent the department in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Operate a personal computer and other office equipment.