Receptionist (Innovation Office)
Position Summary -
This person will be responsible for providing receptionist and related customer service, as well as secretarial duties. This person should understand the concept of Confidentiality and HIPAA Requirements, including but not limited to privacy and security.
Reports to –
Director, Administrative Services
Tasks List -
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Oversees access to the Innovation Suite by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains continuity as it relates to access by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Coordinates and handles phone coverage and other support services.
- Develops electronic documents using Microsoft's Office products (such as Excel, Word, Explorer, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Coordinating communications, appointments, and conference room calendars.
- Coordinating meetings and special events.
- Above-average file Auditing Skills and Record Keeping
- Maintains a clean or orderly reception/waiting room and work area
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve organization objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Filing System Maintenance: Within this function, the incumbent will be responsible for constructing and maintaining an accurate filing system. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Maintaining project files.
- Maintaining a variety of report records and files and process payroll and reimbursement input documents.
- Office Coordinator: This function finds the incumbent responsible for facilitating the efficient running of the office. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Purchasing appropriate and adequate office supplies, to maintain appropriate inventory.
- Coordinating maintenance and repair of office equipment with vendors.
- Safety and Security: This individual should understand the concept of Confidentiality and HIPAA Requirements because of the open layout in the new office This includes but is not limited to:
- High ability to maintain Confidentiality
- Strong understanding of HIPAA Requirements
- Passes and Administers annual HIPAA Test and maintains results
Additional Duties -
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Creativity/Innovation: Generates novel and valuable ideas and uses these ideas to develop new or improved processes, methods, systems, or services.
- Customer Focus: Focuses one's efforts on identifying and meeting internal and external customer's needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer, within the parameters of the position and the available resources, cognizant of organizational policy and authorized practices.
- Honesty and Integrity: Acts in accordance with all organizational policies, procedures and expectations.
- Initiative: Evaluates, selects and acts on various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives within parameters of position before being asked or required to do so; self-directed rather than passively complying with instructions or assignments.
- Teamwork/Team Orientation: Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties; works cooperatively with others to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Education Requirements
High school degree required.
- Experience Requirements
5 years of experience in a fast-paced, high-volume environment handling all of the responsibilities listed.
- Knowledge/Skills Requirements
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. People oriented individual with an outgoing personality and who is a team player. Tim Management Skills. Attention to Detail. Prioritization. Technical and computer skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Good oral and written communication skills. Excellent organization.
*At NJII’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the organization, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.