Position Summary –
This position’s role is to create assistance to the provider/practices enrolled in the NJII Practice Transformation Network (PTN) and other reporting programs with remote or onsite technical assistance. This individual will be trained to assist practices in collecting and reporting data for CMS programs including but not limited to PQRS, MU, and PTN.
This individual works under the guidance of an NJII Healthcare Transformation Coach supporting physician practices. They will be expected to have excellent communication and customer relation skills. This includes hands-on work with the providers’ offices and assisting with accurately documenting and reporting data.
This position is a match for an individual who wants experience and exposure to the healthcare industry, specifically medical office practices. This position will also provide insight into healthcare IT’s role in improving the current healthcare system. This position will be used for temporary work projects and contingent upon availability.
Reports to -
Healthcare Transformation Coach
Tasks List –
- Supports practice w/data abstraction (Office EMRs, Manual Charts, Billing Systems, etc)
- Assist NJII coaches in communicating and reminding practices of program deadlines
- Supports practices in accessing and downloading QRUR reports
- Assists practices with reporting for PQRS, PTN, MU, MIPS/MACRA
- Performs random chart audits on practices to identify opportunities to improve documentation and capture data
- Assists practices with data entry from paper records to electronic health records related to the measures for CMS programs
Additional duties -
Will be delegated as needed.
- Education requirements
- Must be currently enrolled at NJIT for Bachelors or Masters’ degree
- Experience requirements
Not required but preferred:
- Customer service experience
- Experience in medical office settings using electronic health record and/or medical office billing system
- Use of health IT systems
- Knowledge and/or experience with Meaningful Use and PQRS reporting
- Studying in the pre-medical, health informatics, or health management fields
- Knowledge/Skills requirements
- Proficient with computers
- Interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Relationship building skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Organizational skills including time, project, and resource management
- Multi-tasking, innovative, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft-based programs
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills with initiative to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Travel to providers is required, therefore transportation will be needed