Position Summary –
Position assists directors or managers who are also team leads for NJII service lines. Project Assistants are vital to the team leads as they assist in general administrative support to these projects. Under the direction of our Directors, Project Managers, and Managers, the Project assistants help draft NJII’s services and product-related content, document project plans, and communicate to project stakeholders. They will also organize and update project files from beginning to end, track project milestones and deliverables, liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis to ensure that all stakeholders have access to project documents, develop progress reports, content and presentations as directed by the Director, Project Manager, or other Manager. The Project Assistant also assists in daily operational activities at NJII that support the Director and Managers. The tasks assigned to this position could vary daily/weekly.
Reports to -
Department Director or Manager
Tasks List –
- Update the Manager on the current status of data repositories work queues and respond to requests using the standard, consistent processes at NJII
- Draft and Modify Documentation, workflows and as built diagrams.
- Convert raw data to required formats as trained and instructed by Manager using excel, tableau and other open source tools
- Draft Document requirements for Manager review
- Research emerging Heath IT concepts and technologies
- Update Standard Operating Procedures to reflect updated policies, procedures, and data standards
- Make calls to NJII’s list of clients to inform them of upcoming healthcare reporting deadlines
- Receive, support or triage First-Level customer support calls and emails to NJII
Additional duties -
- Draft and distribute meeting minutes to NJII key contacts and clients.
- May serve as a liaison between NJII and stakeholder key contacts.
- Support administrative activities, such as: hourly employee time reporting, project task reporting, and continuous research on the current and upcoming healthcare programs.
- May perform simple data analysis using simple excel functions
- Performs other duties as requested
Prerequisite Qualifications -
- High School degree or GED equivalent is required.
- Experience requirements
- No years of experience is required for this position, but those with prior experience in the healthcare industry may be preferred
- Knowledge/Skills requirements
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Project
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Workflow principles
- Simple Project Management principles
- Health Information Technology knowledge
- Knowledge about healthcare industry